I am a highly responsible and goal-oriented individual. I not only seek to accomplish tasks, but go above and beyond to maximize the success of projects. I see myself as a leader and motivator in team environments and believe collaboration to be a crucial part of life.
• Art and Design, focus on screen printing, apparel structures, and other three dimensional forms.
• Higher education student services, educational programming, event planning, staff management, and customer service.
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
Nov 2016 – Present
May 2015 – Present
MELK Studios LLC is a collaborative creative group located in Northeastern Wisconsin. Situated in a renovated milk house, the name “MELK” pays reference to both the architecture of our creative workspace, but also the colloquial Midwestern mispronunciation of “milk.”
June 2016 – Dec 2016
FD303: Advanced Concept Development for Fashion Designers
FD305: Research and Sourcing Fundamentals
FD312: Concept Development
FM220: Cost and Line Specifications
February 2016 – Nov 2016
Prepare line flat sketches for new apparel products and create design sketches for enhancement to existing products
Develop line sheets and layouts of retail fixtures
Assist with the development and preparation of seasonal presentations of proposed designs including boards, CAD's, and other sales visuals
Assist Art Dept. in re-coloring existing prints, creating simple prints, and setting up of prints for production
May 2014 – August 2015
- Developed and implemented curriculum for summer courses focused on foundation methods of textile and apparel design
- Instructed 15-20 High School students in foundation methods of textile and apparel design
August 2014 – March 2015
- Assisted in translating product designs into precise technical spec packs
- Regularly attended fit sessions, contributed to fit discussion, and took notes regarding fit sample revisions
- Experience fitting garments in Missy and Plus sizes
- Responsible for writing detailed fit comments and communicating revisions to domestic and overseas vendors
- Proficient, daily user of WebPDM and Adobe Illustrator
July 2014 – August 2014
-Responsible for garment alteration and repair, with focus on athletic wear performance knits.
September 2012 – May 2014
Fabric and Apparel Structures I & II outline the physical and aesthetic properties of fiber and fabric and fundamentals of apparel structure in the context of apparel design. These courses explore the interrelationship of fabric, design, and apparel construction as well as the creative and expressive potential of fabric.
June 2012 – August 2012
- Developed curriculum for classes focused on apparel and accessory design.
- Taught classes focused on apparel and accessory design for students ages 8 to 13.
- Facilitated programming based in product development and design for community organizations and schools.
- Developed, constructed and implemented product prototypes for design focused programming.
September 2011 – May 2012
Work in collaboration with Design Studies professors on completing a variety of department projects including:
- Supervised, taught, and prepped for class sections
- Researched and contacted local companies to place orders for new supplies and equipment
- Assisted in the development and facilitation of UW Undergraduate Portfolio Review
- Designed web-based graphics and illustrations for websites and class presentations
- Coordinated the hiring and scheduling of student hourlies to assist in departmental building transition
January 2010 – May 2011
- Developed and managed academic programs for over 1,150 University Housing residents in collaboration with instructors, advisors, Residence Life staff, and other University departments
- Directly supervised University Housing’s tutoring program and oversaw the scheduling and payroll of thirty-five Math, Chemistry, Economics, and Spanish tutors
- Maintained a $1,800 budget and managed the distribution of funds to academic programs and classroom instructors
Masters of Fine Art, Design Studies, specialization in Textile and Apparel Design
2011 – 2014
Bachelors of Fine Art, Visual Art
2006 – 2011
Bachelors of Art, Art History
2006 – 2011
THREE DIMENSIONAL FORMS
CAD RENDERING/DIGITAL DESIGN
ADOBE CREATIVE SUITES:
2010 - present
2010 - present